This will be a short post on a minor annoyance with putting together a dynamic UI in LabVIEW. I am currently building a multi-subpanel UI with Stream and my simple actor implementation and was annoyed with the difficulty of registering for events on the individual panes in my UI. This annoyance is rooted in the fact that I neglected to label my panes as they were created. So I wrote a very simple little tool for identifying and labeling populated panes.
I've been wanting to write a network extension for Stream for about a year now, adding the ability to extend the mediator to the network and allow pub/sub between actors on different machines. I finally got the motivation to do it after starting to collaborate with Jarobit Peña Saez at Bits 2 Byte on the Stream project. This extension is a result of our collaboration efforts and the sharing of ideas.